August 06, 2008

Priorities

Went to the park in town today. Sounds like a simple and pretty much normal thing to do when you have 3 kids 6 and under.
With the busyness of summer and because we live in the country, our kids play on a swing set and wander in a forest all day. So it sometimes seems like a pointless hassle to drag myself to a park.

However it was just what I needed. My friend Emma came to town today, so we grabbed a coffee and headed down to the water to sit on a park bench and watch the kids play in the sand underneath a nice play structure.

This park is great because it is right in the tourist area of town. It is a tiny little inlet surrounded on three sides by water and some very...very fancy yachts. The structure is cleaned daily and there is a clean washroom right around the corner....for the fancy Yacht people of course ;)
So it was perfect!!!

Peyton was able to play in the sand and I could rest knowing he would not accidentally ingest a needle or cat poo, and the girls had fun playing with some 'yacht' kids dressed all 'yachty'.

Summer will come and go way too soon and I need to take advantage of the parks. I guess sometimes I get too caught up in the business of laundry,chickens,gardens,supper,dusting ect...to enjoy my life.

Today I enjoyed life and it was wonderful. I sat, enjoyed the breeze and watched my babies play. I also wondered what on earth I've done with the rest of the summer and what really HAVE BEEN my priorities???

Priorities in check....Coffee on park bench with kids playing and water splashing on fancy yachts. Got it.....with St*rB$cks in hand to keep up with Yachty people while kicking off old shoes that will give me a way....our little secret of course.

5 comments:

B said...

I know how you feel about the parks and lakes becaues we live in the country too. My kids are so happy at home..why would I go anywhere. That is until we pack our camper up and I see how much they truly love being on the beach, riding bikes through the campgroud, going on the boat etc. Even park swings are "better" so says my oldest.

Glad to hear you had a nice day.

momofthecrazies said...

Sounds like a nice day. I'm glad you were able to sit back and enjoy the summer with your kids.

We're having a picnic lunch with daddy at work today. Should be fun!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes - priorities. . . . specially in summer -short, sweet summer. I want to enjoy the nice weather to the fullest, but still, I find myself puttering with chores. . . . You are right. It is time to sit still and enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Good job recognizing and enjoying that moment!

By the way, my yacht was the one on the far left. Did you like it? ;-)

Paula said...

I have a confession... I kept a STIRBACKS cup for about a week and kept putting MY coffee in it so people would think I paid 3.00 for it. I know, I'm a freak.