August 25, 2012

Home Sweet Home


We are back from our first ever family camping adventure. We are smelly, dirty, and exhausted. It was a great time and that is all that matters. I learned one funny thing on our little camping trip. I realized that we live in the country. We are surrounded by forest and wild life.  We have a fire pit, and a BBQ and a tent we can pitch in our own backyard. At night we can sit on our porch, look at the stars and listen to the calm summer noises. 

We do NOT need to get away from our house to 'get away from it all'. In fact, we really like our home and our life here.  As much as we LOVED seeing our friends and spending time with them, we all missed our home, animals and farm.   We are also pretty convinced that all we are missing is water.  I'm thinking a man made pond/lake is in our future. lol

Anyway, I also learned that camping next to a busy highway, is NEVER EVER a good idea.  I'm pretty sure I have not slept in 3 days. Next time we 'get away from it all'.... we will have to find somewhere quieter than the country home we live in. And with more trees.

So if you don't hear from me in a while it's because I've most likely fallen asleep on top of our huge mountain of laundry.  If you visit...please bring coffee after you wake me up. :)  Seriously. I take cream.

No comments: