November 24, 2010

Enviro- MENTAL??

I cloth diaper, use cloth napkins,cloth paper towels, and have a couple cloth sanitary napkins (believe it or not they work great). I don't buy toxic cleaners, I use bins and cloth bags to shop, TRY to buy wooden, cloth and handmade things from the producer. I TRY to buy my food in bulk and make my own snacks to reduce money costs AND garbage.


There is a load of laundry that goes in every few days containing several of the above items. I rinse them by hand handling all sorts of bodily fluids from myself and my babies....So it was inevitable........

What is one more bodily fluid??

That comes from my own body?

Why not save MORE money?

MORE of the environment???

Is it our budget and environmentalism that drives me? The farm life? My military background that taught me how to live with NOTHING and still survive?? Perhaps it is all of the above.....

Oh yes I did.......


Introducing the Eco Potty Wipe. Used by me for Pee Pee. If used by ALL 4 girls in this house will eventually save 90% of all the toilet paper in this house!!!!



Good for the trees, good for the septic system.....
and seriously...It is JUST pee.
Living on a farm and being a mommy, I've handled WAY GROSSER things. For the record no I will not handle YOUR PEE....just ours ;) There will be TP available for ALL guests..lol.


Just wipe, and place in mesh bag provided. Then throw the entire mesh bag into the wash....Voila.



Conveniently and neatly stored above the toilet in a little drawer....
NOW BEFORE YOU SCOFF.......
What do you think people used before the invention of toilet paper?
What do you think MOST of the worlds population uses???
I'll tell you that cute little soft wipes are much better than what MOST use ;)
and SERIOUSLY.... It is JUST PEE. Wash your hands.
BESIDES......cloth DIAPERS involve WAYYYYYYYY GROSSER THINGS.

5 comments:

Kaitlin@Homemaker Design said...

Wow, I am (surprisingly to me even) intrigued by these!!! I'd love more info about them and some of the other products you mentioned! I've heard of the re-useable feminine pads and they seem to be getting good reviews! I'd like to know more about what cleaning products you recomend too. If you have the time, I'd appreciate if you could email me. hmdesign@live.ca Thanks Alyson! Have a great day! :)

JBirch22 said...

Love it! I'm definitely considering this.

Anonymous said...

Well, considering we used pages from the Eaton's catalog when I was little, this seems like a better alternative. Worth a thought.

Suzin said...

I have seen these before-sortacrunchy blog I think. Good for you. I don't think I am there, although I agree...pee... oh there is so much grosser things I touch everyday!!!

I like the name of the post, because sometimes I actually think trying to be "green" acutally makes me mental!!!!!
Suzin

Jennie said...

Wow! Did you get those wipes online, or at a store somewhere?? They're just what I've been looking for! Who needs to keep flushing trees literally down the toilet, when pee washes right away in the wash??

(PS I found your blog through a friend's blog, in case you were curious!)