July 08, 2009

Vacations for Renewal.

Loving having my husband back home. For those of you who did not know, he was in the Ukraine on a Missions trip.

As much as I missed him TERRIBLY, I love that I missed him.
I think that is the key to a good marriage. To be reminded every once in a while why you love your partner so much. Why your life would completely SUCK without them.

I love that we are doing so well after 8 years of marriage. I love that we become better and better friends. I love that he missed me too. I love that we both feel happy and renewed.

Same goes for Lara's vacation in Vacouver as well I think. Man I'm glad that kid is back here with us. I think I like her MORE now ;)

Hmmm... Vacation from the kids, vacation from each other, and Vacation together Once a year. Is that the key to a happy marriage and family? That makes for a short book to write ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sometimes we have to go off line and recharge our batteries.

Dad

Unknown said...

Send the kids again! It was fun to be forced into doing things other than work and renos.

Nancy said...

Nice blog. Heart-warming. . .