September 24, 2007

The coop is ready for the birds

Spent the day today getting my chicken coop ready. The branches on the tree were cut, the spaces between the boards were filled in, the feed and supplies were all purchased. Phew!! done.

Tomorrow morning I will go down the road to my father in laws to get the straw and the 4 chickens from my mother in laws coop. I will take pics and I promise to post them later.

So today.....

Apple muffins were baked,
a run into town was completed,
two loads of laundry were washed and hung on the line to dry,
a chicken coop was readied and fortified,
and three children were looked after.

I'm tired. Hopefully after this week I'll slow down a little.

Till tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Katy said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to see the pics! Glad you had a great day and got a lot accomplished!!! :)

tammi said...

You are such a hard-workin' farm wife! I'm actually finding myself inspired to put more of my heart into my job because of you. Thank you. And have fun picking up your chickens!! (Actually, what I'd like to see is video of catching the chickens!!! From what I've heard, this can usually be quite fun to watch!)

SandyCarlson said...

Quite an adventure! Thanks for the photo story.