May 21, 2007

The Cedars

I dropped Adam off at the new house after spending the weekend together. It was the first time I allowed myself back into the house since we bought it. I was full of mixed emotions as I did not let myself think about the house last week. It was weird and exciting at the same time. The house was empty so I was able to get a clearer picture of how our stuff will look. The living room was painted and the new carpet down, so it does already have a bit of our touch in it. That was a nice feeling for sure.

It was beautiful! My hubby has been doing a great job painting and I could really see ourselves living there and making it a HOME. The girls are still so excited about the two stair cases that they just spent the entire time going up and down, and around and around. O.K I'll admit it....I did a couple of circles myself. I mean common!! Two stair cases! How cool is that ?? Who needs toys? or even furniture for that matter??

I was a little dissapointed that my girly tea room (the sunporch) needs a lot more work than I previously thought. I think it may be a little while before it is up and running but whatever...we have a lifetime in that house so I'm not bothered.

Hardest part will be waiting until I can match the decor with the ideas that are in my head. I am going to start with the dining room and living room as those are the most central rooms and I want to feel at home as soon as I can.

I realized that I may never see my husband as it looks as though we have way more lawn than either of us realized. My goodness he will be out there for days cutting that thing!!
Is it wrong to put a four year old on a lawn tractor and let her rip??? I don't think so ;)

That's it. Today is the first full day of me being alone with all three kids. It is sunny out so I think we are going to make it to the park and enjoy our last week in subburbia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you... It sounds like this will be such a wonderful adventure for you. I must confess that I experienced a twinge of jealousy when you mentioned that it all sounds like Anne of Green Gables... I so wanted to BE her (still do, in a way, I think!).

I love the pictures of your little man... He truly is adorable!!