February 17, 2012

My garden 2012

My seeds are here. I am so excited to be starting my garden this year.  The more knowledge I gain about our food supply the more frustrated I become, so this year is THE YEAR!! I'm going to attempt to grow as much as I can this year, planting everything I seem to purchase from the store. 
Too bad I can't grow bananas, lemons, or avocados. Maybe in the future they will come up with some sort of cool greenhouse that allows me to.
Till then, I am on my way.  If you have been following my blog for a while, you may remember the PITIFUL start I had 4 years ago.
This year, I can't promise amazing success, but at least my heart is in it.  Knowing I have customers that will buy my excess vegetables will make the weeding less painful...at least that is what I'm hoping for.

Want to know what I'm planting??
Ready??
OH... and all my seeds came from a local seed lady  www.seeds-organic.com  

basil,onion,corn,sweet potato,potato,broccoli,brussel sprouts,beans,peas,carrots,corn,garlic,lettuce,spinach, thyme,basil, oregano, lavender, butternut squash,cucumber, zucchini, tomatoes, celery,rhubarb, asparagus,watermelon, pumpkins, melon, cabbage,

phew!!!! 

Now all I need to get started is scoop out a TON of composted manure and work the garden. Easy peasy right?? lol

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Very ambitious! Way to go:)