June 01, 2011

Running Around Like Chickens

It's that time of year again here on the homestead! 109 (they give you extras just in case a few don't make it), 31 turkeys, and 2 Ducks ( These are completely for amusement purposes)




                                        The ducks are soooo cute! We named them Ping and Pong.





For the life of me, I can't figure out how to rotate this picture....
Anyway, the saying is don't count your chickens before they hatch (for good reason), but it is VERY important to count them while taking them out of the box. Last year  I forgot to do just that and I'll tell you....Trying to count chickens moving all over the place is no easy task. Futile really. So I counted. There is 109.  And if 2 or 3 die? well then I will have 106/107 then won't I? See how easy that is?

Anyway, I've spent the morning counting my chickens and vacuuming the windows to allow the amazing breeze to blow through our house. Time for a nap.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Adorable! The chicken coop looks great by the way;)