May 15, 2011

Grace like Rain

The rain is falling and watering my newly planted corn, potatoes, and onions. I'm glad for the rain because is means that I will not be burdened with the task of watering my vegetable garden. Any relief from extra tasks around here is welcomed by me.

Although it is damp and dark the rain needs to fall sometimes. I think sometimes it needs to fall so I appreciate the sun that much more when it shines down on me, and sometimes I need to remember that there is a time and a season for everything.

Lately it feels as though my world and the people that are in it are falling. Just like the rain, I know that it is temporary and that better days are just a few sunsets away. I need to hold on to that hope. I also need to remember that Grace....just like rain....NEEDS to fall. It needs to fall FROM me just as I need it showered upon me.

Just like the Rain, everything has a time,season and REASON. And although I may not always see past the hurt, the pain, or the trial, I have hope that I'll be o.k.



Grace Like Rain: Todd Agnew
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see so clearly

Chorus:
Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing Your praise
Than when we first begun

No comments: