April 22, 2011

A Fresh Start to Spring...

I'm alive. I have just not felt like taking the time to sit and blog my thoughts. I'm doing fine for all those worrying. Sometimes I sort things out on my own and sometimes I just don't feel like writing. My priorities do not lie in bloggyland and that is just fine with me.
I DO have a bunch of country farm pictures on my camera for you. Perhaps after this EASTER weekend I will post them.

Easter weekend for us is sacred. More sacred than Christmas as it is the cornerstone of our faith. I am happy to say that my husband is off work all weekend and we are going to spend it with family and friends and our Christ.

10 Years ago this Easter Sunday I walked into church on drugs and accepted Christ as my Saviour. I've mentioned before that this year is an anniversary year for me in so many ways. This one is special to me because it changed my life completely. I am forgiven and am in right relationship with God because Christ took MY punishment. He took ALL OF OUR PUNISHMENTS. I am so grateful and this year I am filled with gratitude and reflection on the last 10 years of my life.

I like Easter because it is a reminder of fresh starts. If God can give me a fresh start then I too can forgive others. I too can let go and show mercy and grace to those that have hurt me. I too can have a fresh start with those I care about. That is the LEAST I can do for my God.

So Happy Easter. Happy Spring. Happy Fresh Start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Grandma and Grandpa are very proud. Enjoy your Easter weekend with your family and friends

Mom

LA Botchar said...

Have missed your posts -- looking forward to those pics of the farm if you post them. but also hope that you enjoyed your Easter holiday weekend.
Isn't it wonderful that we serve a Risen Saviour whose love, mercy and grace can reach into the coldest, darkest, emptiest heart...and set it free. That He changes lives, renews hearts. I always wonder how He can love us - so unworthy as we are. Ah, but while we may all be unworthy, in His loving eyes....we are far from worthless. Even at our worst, we are precious to Jesus.
God Bless!