March 16, 2011

Spring has Sprung

It's March break around the farm and it is raining today. The warmer weather brings with it....



Maple Syrup! We have 9 buckets on our trees this year and we think we will end up with 6 litres of syrup for our family to enjoy. So much work but so worth it.


Window flies. Thank you to whomever invented fly window tape...I love you.


Mud,mud mucky mud. Children love it. I hate it. Washing machine is working overtime.


Chickens that run past me out of the coop as soon as I open the door. I'm hoping the ground thaws enough to put up the chicken fence to keep them from eating my tulips...AGAIN.

Yesterday was coop cleaning day. I tell y'a. There is NO SMELL like cleaning out a FOOT of chicken poop. Good for winter insulation. Not so good for your nostrils in the spring.



Spring is busy on the farm. Eventually it gets done but for now the cleanup begins. I have learned over the last few years that most things are not all at once and eventually all is complete. I like the rhythm of things and as long as we are prepared we do just fine. After Maple season and spring clean up comes garden preparation and llama shearing. Then berry picking, meat chickens, weeding and preserving. All things have their 'season' and I'm grateful for a God that knows not to give them to me all at once. I'm glad HE knows what He is doing.


No comments: