August 28, 2010

Moments of Nothingness

We butchered the meat chickens the other day and I am SHOCKED at the amount of time it has created for me. I knew they took time....but THAT much? Really?

After two months of summer vacay I am just NOW finding myself at peace and rest and able to relax and have a little fun. I was thinking tonight about the chickens and realized JUST HOW MUCH stuff I was doing and organizing in June ON TOP of the chickens, and my head started spinning. Between schooling, the chickens, track, homeschool grad, my mom's 60th, and a few other things NO WONDER I had a mental breakdown this summer!!!

Even the month of July was consumed with activity,and the beginning of August involved soccer, track and planning the next homeschool year.

BUT finally....FINALLY!!!

Chickens are gone, school books are ordered, schedule is made, soccer is over, and the weather is still nice enough to enjoy.

Don't get me wrong, there have been plenty of fun moments over the past few months, but they always seemed to be sandwiched between stuff that NEEEEEEEDED to be completed.

Things were so hectic that I even spent most of July and August considering sending the girls to school just so I could have an hour a day to put my feet up. I've come to the conclusion however that homeschooling is not the issue. EVERYTHING ELSE was/is ;)
So I've had to say NO!!!!!!!!!
No I will NOT organize this, and NOT organize that. and I even gave myself permission to just DO NOTHING!!!!!!!

Oh how I have been missing the days when the kids and I could just take off to the park and play. Not planned...just go. Let's go kids! Let's just go and be free and sit by the water and cuddle on a bench and feel the sand between our toes. We can stay here for hours because I DON'T HAVE TO BE HOME IN AN HOUR TO FEED THOSE ROTTEN CHICKENS!!!!!!!!

This week I finally have been able to do this. Funny enough I seem to have SO much 'free time' that I am find myself standing in the living room looking around and saying ''O.K...Now what...hmmmm...o.k..." After checking my e-mail for the 2000th time, I realized that I am no longer used to having 'free time'. No falling on the floor and giving my kids airplane rides just because.
I have been so consumed with busyness that I've allowed an entire summer to pass without exercising our right to just BE together. THAT IS JUST SAD.

I'm just glad that it is not too late. So if you need to get a hold of me I'll be outside, at the beach, or sitting quietly on a bench in a park drinking Starbucks and watching my kids be kids. I would love it if you would like to join us but don't count on a phone call because that would involve planning ;)


Wow...is this really the first picture from the month of August I've had a chance to upload off my camera?

No comments: