April 24, 2010

Learning my Gardening Lessons...Sigh

I've been so busy lately. Audrey has had a fever all week and has hardly slept day or night. That on top of chickens,cooking,cleaning, homeschooling, visiting,running...by 8pm I am bushed. I know I have not been great these last few months about blogging. Or about coming up with much of anything to say that is witty or insightful....But no comments?? from anyone? Are you out there? Do you read me still? Cause I still need you and miss you guys ;) Maybe you are just busy too....

Anyway today was another day. Another beautiful day. It was typical for having 4 kids and a birthday party to attend. Typical for a spring day filled with plans for the yard and an OVERWHELMING feeling that I will NEVER HAVE AN HOUR to weed my garden.
Some days I get so frustrated that 'extra' things take so long with the little ones around. I just don't have the time OR the extra arms. It is kind of hard to clean out a chicken coop, weed a garden, transplant seedling AND hold Audrey and take care of the house and kids....

But....The day is now over. I have a minute or two before Audrey wakes up and I'm leaving the dishes and the laundry that has been sitting in the dryer for 3 days for yet another day and I'm quite o.k with that.

A few things got accomplished and for that I feel satisfied.

I even managed to transplant a few of the 100 seedlings of broccoli.tomatoes,onions,lettuce and basil I planted the other week.


LESSON ONE: Only one see per egg pod. Then I don't have to painstakingly rip them apart for two hours and plant them AGAIN!!

I've come up with a plan though. I'm going to sell some of the started 72 tomato plants and some of the massive amounts of tomatoes and other veggies I will have in a few months at the end of my driveway.

My Niece and Nephew are coming from Vancouver this summer....I think I just found something for them to do ;)
The lemonade stand will have nothing on us.

Oh boy...what have I gotten myself into. Perhaps I should just get pregnant again so I can have an excuse not to garden for another year.

I went from This......


To This....

To This!!! Look at how nice everything is now....ONE PLANT PER EGG POD!! GO ME!!


Oh....and I'm LOVING that there are NO WEEDS IN THIS EGG PODS. It kind of makes me dream of a greenhouse someday.

5 comments:

Anita said...

Good job Alyson! I know it's hard.. I get overwhelmed too ~ by the minute! But I try to take it one task at a time.. and I remember I am only human! But love your one little plants/pods ~ looking good!
PS: I don't get very many comments either *sigh* it is nice to read them though - eh? Oh well... it will come in time ☺☺

AnnG said...

I'm still around but a bit overwhelmed with life as well! Seems to be a theme, huh? I don't think I have been on here for the whole month of April...what is up with that?? Sounds like you are going to have a great garden!

Andrea said...

NEPHEWS :) there is 2 now!!! lol

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

I get bummed with no comments too! Hang in there and things will get done when they get done! It won't be long until that is all you have is time on your hands. Then we will sit back and wonder how we got it all done. Try to enjoy and think strongly about the pregnant statement before you make any quick decisions!;)

Anonymous said...

I am a good gardener.. all you have to do is ask