January 14, 2010

Funny of the Day

This is the picture that goes with the story.....

This is the story that goes with the above picture...

It was a mild day today. Mild enough that Adam let the chickens out of their coop for some fresh air. He then proceeded down the road about half a Km to the farm to feed the cows like he does every morning. When he does so he lets my in-laws dog off her leash as well. (This is all Normal).

A half an hour later, my husband is walking by Lucy's dog house and noticed that Lucy was sitting all nicely. This is NOT normal as this dog LOVES TO RUN and is NEVER found back at the house on her own will. But here she was...Just sitting there all nicely, prim and proper. If she was a 3 year old child she would have had one of those 'I've been up to something but I hope you don't notice so just move along' smiles. You know the ones. Around here we call them S!#T eating grins. Anyhoo.....

My husband kind of looks at her, says hello and then he heard it.

"Baaaaaaaaaack Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck." Coming from INSIDE her dog house.

WELL!!! Apparently Lucy had ran down the road and found herself a friend to bring back to her dog house. The chicken was unharmed but she was placed in the back of the dog house. ALMOST as if to be eaten later.

I think the FUNNIEST part was how she seemed to KNOW that she needed to be sneaky. She sooo knew she would be in trouble and was trying to stand there as if nothing was out of place.

Obviously my husband rescued the poor chicken and brought her home to show me. She is now safe and sound and laying eggs for my breakfast once again.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

This is awesome! What a great story! I love it! I can't believe Lucy - uh - never mind. . .