August 18, 2009

Sunporch Chronicles

Now I know why Siesta time was invented. 2-4pm is a perfect time to nap on a sunporch in the EXTREME HEAT. Don't some Mediterranean and South American towns actually shut down for that time?? I now know why. Who wants to even move then!

At this point in our little heat wave the inside temperature has caught up with the outside so there is absolutely no point in keeping any windows or doors shut. I'll take 100 yucky bugs coming through the screens for just a teeny tiny glimpse of breeze.

So...This is how I spent about two hours of my day today.

First we napped on the daybed. O.K I napped while Lara took pictures and read and Erin played something. I tried to let Peyton join me but he was just too excited about the idea of sleeping somewhere other than his crib and with other people.




Then we painted nails.. (photos courtesy of Lara who decided to fidget with my camera during Siesta)

Yes I'm wearing shorts, you just can't see them in this picture.


After being woken up by Erin storming in and asking what I was doing I read a book.
Yup...that was my day. Exciting I know. You have NO IDEA how happy I was when the breeze finally DID blow through that sunporch. Just NO IDEA.

4 comments:

cathy said...

Great photos! Great idea!

momofthecrazies said...

You have the perfect baby belly!

Nancy said...

Cool! Luvit! What's the title of your book?

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You look great!

Steph