June 25, 2008

Little Stinkers

This shot is from my window in my living room looking at my front garden. I tried to get a better shot but the little stinker kept moving.




I think skunks are seriously so pretty. They stick out from all the green with their bold black and white fluffy selves. They are fluffy, and cute....and can cause a passerby to freeze, or run really fast in the opposite direction. I wonder what it would be like to have that kind of effect on people? They must feel so...so...hideous and unwanted. It's their fault really. I mean my goodness my yard (AND HOUSE) smells bad this morning!!


I can get used to poo...even liquid poo. But skunk? blech!!! it just gets up in your nose and into your lungs and does something in there. I think even my food tastes skunky this morning.


Anyway...moving on.


This is my garden. I humbly take pictures this morning to show you (one of my) inadequacies. I think I see sunflowers,a row of spinach, some carrots all bunched together, tomato plants, some beans and peas......and LOTS AND LOTS OF WEEDS. Seriously. Come help me....please.

3 comments:

happygeek said...

I'll be right over.
YOu watch the kids, I'll weed.
I do love some weeding.
If only you weren't so far away.
I see Crazy tomorrow, I'll pass on the message.

Anonymous said...

This isn't an inadequacy - it's a perfectly good garden! There are just a few too many weeds, that's all. When can I come and weed?

Oh - and I love the skunk picture - so cute!

tammi said...

Skunks and porcupines, man, the bane of country existence!! I hate those buggers. The foxes (is that right or is the proper plural also just "fox?"), raccoons, and weasels I can handle, but the other two.... ugh, nasty disease-laden vermin! Death to all!!!!

Okay, sorry, I got a little carried away there. I just really loathe skunks and porcupines.

And if I was in charge of the garden this year, it would look exactly like yours. But this year hubby took over and though I'm more than a little embarrassed to admit it, he's much better at it than I am!!