May 04, 2007

Middle of the night Insight

It's 4am. Yup that is right. 4:11am to be exact. I'm awake and got tired of switching from side to acheing side in bed and trying to get songs out of my head. ''You alone are God....''see? Even you don't want to read about it. I don't even know all the words...just keep repeating the same verse over and over and over !!

So up I got to sit in Peyton's room and rock in the rocking chair and stare at an empty crib that will hopefully sooner than later be filled with a middle of the night crying baby. At least I'll have company at that point....and a purpose for being awake in the middle of the night.
The rocking was not putting me to sleep, so after smelling his baby cream and accidentaly getting some up my nose, I decided to come down here eat a banana and let y'all in on my random thoughts while you sleep away in your cozy beds.

I also got tired of listening to Lara's dry cough. Poor kid. I don't know how Erin does not wake up to that (They share a room).
I can be in our room with two doors shut between the two bedrooms and hear my kids roll over in their sleep. What is up with that? Some people sleep with their babies, but I would not be one of them. I hear EVERY LITTLE NOISE that comes from their perfect little bodies. As much as I love to know they are safe and they are simply adorable when they are sleeping.... At 3am however it is not so cute.

So do I have any middle of the night insights? not really. Sorry for the disapointment. I booked a hair appointment for Saturday to get my roots done......yep that is it for my thought process. Give me a break it is 4am. Oh wait now it is 4:28.

oh! oh! I feel a contraction....just a sec.....................

Now only if these keep coming every 2-3mins as opposed to one every few hours I would be a happy camper.

Patience my dear I know. He can't stay in there forever and I'm still holding on that the Lord's timing is perfect. Hrmph. Yes it is.

4:33am...I'm going back to bed now.

4 comments:

Hope4Grace said...

Great site, hang in there...baby on the way soon! Gorgeous kids.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alyson,

Thinkin' of you. I wonder if that contraction was the start of something. . .

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

P.S.

Amazing tummy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alyson

Sorry to hear that you're not sleeping well. Did you manage to get a nap today?

Hopefully you'll have a good sleep tonight (or even better, go into labour!)

Alana