January 19, 2013

New Adventures...Join me.

This blog began in 2006, and gives a glimpse of our farming adventure.  It started with the purchase of this house, my transition from suburb girl to farmer, and ends in 2013 with our decision to farm full time.  Along the way we went from 2 children to 4, I ran a marathon, started and stopped homeschooling, and started homeschooling again.   I also became a completely different person than I was 7 years ago.  It is so fun to look back at the first few years here.   From dealing with fly's on my window, rats in the yard, a barn fire, and learning how to do everything from scratch, this blog makes me laugh.

However I'm finished here.  I started with the title 'Proud to be Country'.  I named it that because when I first told my friend I was moving here, she made fun of me and called me a 'hick and a redneck'.  I thought no. I'm happy about living in the country...so there. Hence Proud to be Country. 
Then after a few years, I didn't like the term 'proud'.  I'm not 'proud'. I'm just me and I'm enjoying my different life.   However, after the birth of my fourth child, I was struggling. I struggled with who I was and what my life had become. I felt like I was drowning. I felt like I was trying to enjoy a life that was not for me. Not who I was.  Hence 'Finding my Happy Pace.'   The past couple of years were about me finding my way here. About me figuring out how to find myself here, and why God put me here.   Little did I know that most of my struggle had to do with SEVERE post partum depression.

Alas, I've found my happy pace. My happy pace is good and slow.  It is as simple as I can make it. Of course, going back to simple has involved a HUGE learning curve.  When you have never made muffins, or your own soap, there is a lot of trial and error involved.  My motivations are 3 fold. One, we live on one income, and are about to farm for a living, so we need to be as frugal as possible; Two, making things from scratch is better for our health (no chemicals), and better for the earth ( no factory production, and no chemicals down the drain).  Three, doing things myself is very satisfying and fun. I am having so much fun learning how to make things.   Besides, I can make our own stuff and sell the extras for those people that don't wish to do it themselves.  I think it will be my contribution to our farming adventure.

So there you have it.  The end of this adventure, and the beginning of another.  I've created a new blog.   When it is up and running I will post the link HERE.

Feel free to join and laugh with me on this new adventure in my life.  

1 comment:

tammi said...

I have enjoyed following along with your journey and I look forward to continuing!! "You've come a long way, Baby!" (pardon the use of old cigarette ad lingo, but it's true!!)