March 05, 2009

Spring time pondering

Spring is coming and I'm happy/sad about it. The air feels nice and the kids have been running outside every second they can. I am happy for the air. Happy for the nicer weather.

Unhappy that I will have to soon empty out a winter's worth of chicken poop, and start to think about my garden.

I don't know if you remember my garden last year, but the weeds won. It was not pretty, and the thought of expending energy to battle it once again is even LESS appealing. Especially as this tummy of mine gets bigger and bigger.

Oh well. Stop complaining right?

On another note I'm slowly buying stuff for the baby which is SO MUCH FUN. I gave away most of my baby stuff to my friends and so I'm having fun going to GOODWILL and second hand stores and finding cute little outfits. The beauty of this being my fourth is that I know what I need and want....and what I don't want or need. I can't wait to find out if I'm having a boy or a girl so I can pick out a couple of outfits. A couple being the key word here. I mean really....a newborn can be in pj's for a while, and how many dresses does a baby need anyway?

Anyway, as soon as Peyton gets up from his nap we are going to head down the road to Grandma's and pick up the girls. It is AMAZING how long he sleeps when they are not here!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

so exciting the prospect of spring being just around the corner

Anonymous said...

I am just looking forward to not having to wrestle anyone into snowsuits!!I am simply tired of it all.. and I actually like winter and the cold and all of that stuff, but now, I am done!!!!!!

I will be a better mom when I can get out more!!!!!

Oh by the way, I am not avoiding you!!

suzin

momofthecrazies said...

I agree with Suzin; I'm ready to be done with snowsuits!

So, are you going to share the news when you find out if it's a boy or girl? We're getting excited for you!