May 02, 2008

Chicken Update....AGAIN

So...This beautiful, and nice one that was hanging around the front garden? The one that had been eating out of my hand for the past two days, and the one Lara has been able to hold?

WELL

She is dead!!!!

Yup. Dead as Dead can be this morning. Grrrrrrrr. So frustrating. I found her in the outside coop laying there. I new something was up because the other chickens were standing around 'talking'. Normally they are inside waiting for their chow. Oh I wondered why they were in the pen!!

Could she have known she was dying yesterday? Is that why she was away from the others and acting so nice and calm? I really don't know how old they are, so maybe she just died of old age.

SO....NOW THERE ARE SIX



SmileyCentral.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! She is/was so beautiful! Those healthy green-iridescent feathers (must be from the good care she has had)- (it is a good picture) -

I love your photos and names of those "girls".

So sorry about Suzy (alliteration unintended) -

cathy said...

OH NO...!

tammi said...

Ohhhhh, so sorry to hear about Suzy. Hope you don't lose any more!!

Anonymous said...

Oh geez, I'm sorry that she died. I don't know the whole story (sounds like you've been blogging about her before this) but it sounds like it was unexpected.

Paula said...

Oh, no... I'm so sorry... I've been so busy lately that I've been away from my computer for a while, and when I come back I see this..
It's been a bad week to be a chicken- I lost my favorite little pair to a stray dog last week. *sniff* I'm still pretty mad about it.

Katy said...

ACK! I feel your pain!!! We are down to 19 from 25!!!! We have one who can't stand but is still alive!!! I don't know what to do with her. I feed her and give her water..and she just sits there. I had to seperate her from the other chickens so they wouldn't peck her to death...(such mean girls they are)...if you pick her up and move her and try to help her stand up...she falls over. I dunno what is going on??

Anyway..i am so sorry to hear that your girl died! She really was beautiful!