July 04, 2007

Keeping busy on rainy days

What to do on a rainy day....what to do. I got it! Let's try a little science lesson. Grab the jug containing the milk fresh from the cows. Since it has been sitting for a day or so, skim the cream off the top of the milk. THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS. CREAM...... PURE CREAM!!! Find a cool looking sealable cup, pour the cream into it and tightly close the lid.
Shakey shake for about 10-15 minutes. Switch hands if tired or pass off to your five year old to shake for a while. Open the lid every five minutes or so to check progress and get excited.
Voila!!!! Butter !!! Oh yes!!! Butter!!
Pour onto a coffee filter (cheese cloth if you have one), to furthur seperate the nice clump of fresh butter from the milk left over in the cup. Spread the butter onto a nice piece of fresh bread and give to five year old.
YUMMY!! The move to the country has brought my butter obsession to a whole new level!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done - and well-photographed!

Anonymous said...

"Switch hands if tired or pass off to your five year old to shake for a while." lol that sentence cracked me up.

How does it taste btw? *curious*

Kirsten said...

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm....Send some MY way, would ya? Butter and I are also quite close....
oxxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh ya! nothing like it.
Now it's homemade bread to go with it.
Dad

cathy said...

I love that!! I remember turning whipping cream into butter! My Dad loves butter and he ate it all too!

(I actually LOVE butter too!)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Yeah- I'd like some homemade butter sent my way!

And regarding your sling question, have you tried altering the shoulders you wear your ring sling on? I think you'd probably love a mei tai and you can have it very snug. I also have a brand new type of carrier that I'll talk about tomorrow and of course have one to give away!!

Steph